Though we don’t have all the details of the new We Are The World song, some details are trickling out.
Here are some of the things which I have heard or read:
– Justin Bieber is supposedly singing Lionel’s opening line. “There comes a time…” Don’t you need bass in your voice to sing that part?
– Lil’ Wayne is scheduled to sing Bob Dylan’s original part and he thought they were playing a joke on him when told him.
– Celine Dion is going to sing Cyndi Lauper’s part, which is one of the more famous parts of the original video. I don’t think she’ll have the wacky hair though unfortunately.
– Janet Jackson was rumored to be singing Michael Jackson’s bridge, but there’s also talk that MJ’s voice will be used somehow. Maybe MJ’s “shalah-shalingay” chorus that he recorded for the demo will finally see the light of day?
– Hip hop will be represented in the new version. Some of the rumored stars include T-Pain, Kanye West, Bizzy Bone, Kid Cudi, LL Cool J, Snoop Dogg, Drake, Mann, Nipsey Hussle, Busta Rhymes and Swizz Beatz. Don’t ask me who Mann and Nipsey Hussle are because I have no clue.
– We may see the premiere of the video on the first day of the Winter Olympics.
MTV.com has some video of the Monday night recording session which I’ve added below.